Shaarli : Ideas/Fixme
Here is a list of ideas, feature requests, todo and bugs to correct. Note that these features are not sorted by importance, and some of them may never be implemented.
Note that some of these ideas are listed on GitHub. You may also find on GitHub some issues not listed here.
When importing Netscape bookmarks, also import TAGS and PRIVATE attributes (as exported by delicious).done Trap and mask HTTP errors.done (0.0.9 beta) Test application with other browsers (tested under Firefox 6)done (Tested with Firefox 6, Opera, Chrome, Safari and IE. Bookmarklet works in all browsers, except IE.) Create mobile stylesheetdone (0.0.37 beta) Create print stylesheet/optionsdone (0.0.25 beta) Use ajax for dynamic combo in tags editing.done (0.0.12 beta) Allow to change password (currently, you have to delete the file data/config.php)done (0.0.17 beta) Better paging (show page numbers) Remove annoying utm_source parameters added by FeedBurnderdone Add a tag cloud ?done (0.0.17 beta) Add option to export only public links.done (0.0.13 beta) Add option to see only private/public links when logged on.done (0.0.37 beta) Implement config screens (title, number of links per page…)done (0.0.18 beta, but not for number of links per page) Add error message when login/password is wrong.done Add error message if user is requesting a page which does not exist.done (0.0.39 beta) Allow to show 20, 50 or 100 links per page.done If already filtered by one or more tags, clicking another tag should add the tag to the filter, not replace it.done At "x results for tags x y z": clicking on a tags should remove it.done Check version of php.done (0.0.9 beta) Option to rename/delete a tag.done (0.0.17 beta) Add an option to allow "open" Shaarli (anyone can post, edit and delete links without login).done (0.0.12 beta) Fix some encoding problems in Title passed by the bookmarklet (decode HTML entities ?)done (0.0.10 beta) Allow the RSS Feed to be filtered (searchtags=… and searchterm=…) so that users can receive only the items they are interested in.done (0.0.13 beta) When importing a file, option to import all new links as private.done (0.0.13 beta) Make it work on php 5.1 (for free.fr users) ; Add the htaccess trick in wiki.done (0.0.9 beta) Get rid of error message if the client has disabled HTTP_REFERER in his browser.done (0.0.9 beta) get rid of the quotes problem on some websites.done (0.0.10 beta) When intalling, make sure the config file was properly created. Display an error message if not.done (0.0.12 beta) externalize CSS file (easier customization, smaller webpage size)done (0.0.15 beta) On free.fr: automatically create thedone (0.0.15 beta)
/sessionsdirectory at webspace root (otherwise sessions will not work).
After session_start(), make sure session really works (otherwise people will not be able to login after installation, which is confusing).postponed (not reliable on all servers) Remove in URLdone (0.0.15 beta)
#xtor=RSS-…(added by some feed proxies)
In import, option to overwrite existing links.done (0.0.15 beta) Check and display updates availability (check only once per day, and display notification only when user is logged in).done (0.0.16 beta) Usedone (0.0.16 beta)
version_compare()instead of regexp to compare php versions.
Add Atom feed.done (0.0.19 beta) Allow title customization.done (0.0.18 beta) Remove multiple spaces in tags.done (0.0.18 beta) New lines in description should also be present in RSS feed.done (0.0.18 beta) For image links, show a thumbnail.done (0.0.20 beta) Provide RSS feed asdone (0.0.20 beta)
application/xhtml+xml. ATOM should also be served as
Bug: Using the bookmarklet, you lose the title if you have to login.done (0.0.22 beta) Allow long-lasting sessions.done (0.0.22 beta) When editing tags, automatically convert comma (,) to space.done (0.0.23 beta) When editing tags, autocomplete should not suggest tags which are already present.done (0.0.23 beta) Integrate the patch from Emilien to allow to clic on the sentence "Stay signed" to tick the checkbox.done (0.0.23 beta) Detect URLs in descriptions and automatically display as clickable link.done (0.0.24 beta) As per request, add the ability to enter an entry without an URL (Just leave the URL blank) (Basically, transforms Shaarli in a kind a personal Twitter). If an entry is posted without an URL, it should point to itself.done (0.0.24 beta) On each entry, add an URL to the entry itself (so that individual entries in a Shaarli can have an URL).done (0.0.24 beta) For imgur thumbnails: Add the thumbnail if the link point to the gallery.done (0.0.24 beta) If the link points to a .jpg/jpeg/png/gif, call genthumbnail which will try to download the image on server side and make a thumbnail (and cache it).done (0.0.24 beta) Add option to disable thumbnails which require a copy in local cache (for those who have a limited web space).done (0.0.25 beta) Allow the use of redirection services ( such as http://anonym.to/ ) to mask the HTTP_REFERER.done (0.0.25 beta) In descriptions, when converting URLs to clickable links, remove the protocol (http:…)canceled. When showing a shortlink, the title of the page should be the title of the link.done (0.0.25 beta) Support line feeds in titles (thanks to dixy)done (0.0.25 beta) Limit the height of images (using CSS ?) (thanks to Accent Grave)done (0.0.25 beta) Try to move "In-source configuration" items outside of the sourcedone (0.0.25 beta) In YouTube thumbnails, use thedone (0.0.25 beta)
/dataand delete everything else)
Add a "digest" page which summarized all links per day (browse by calendar). The page would show all link of a specific day, and a RSS Feed would provide this digest every day (1 RSS entry per day).done (0.0.34 beta) Correct CSS (centering) on the "Daily" page.done (0.0.36 beta) Add an RSS/ATOM feed for the "Daily" page (1 RSS entry per day).done (0.0.37 beta) (RSS Feed only) To fix: Add the jQuery textual licence (https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/master/MIT-LICENSE.txt) with Shaarli distribution.done (0.0.34 beta) Add xkcd thumbnail support (Emilien K. patch).done (0.0.34 beta) In "Daily" page, automatically skip empty pages when navigating (useful for Shaarlies with low trafic).done (0.0.38 beta) Add a checkbox to see/work on private links only.done (0.0.37 beta) Use jQuery to delay image loading in Picture wall (images will be loaded only when in the viewport).done (0.0.37 beta) Highlight the key icon when seeing only private links.done (0.0.38 beta) Correct encoding bug in tags (If you have a tag with accented characters used as filter in second position, you cannot remove it).done (0.0.38 beta) After deleting a link from the list of links, go back to the http_referer page (to stay within same search/page).done (0.0.39 beta) Adddone (0.0.39 beta)
dialog=1to dialog (useful for some window managers).
Limit the session cookie to the path Shaarli is installed to. This will allow several Shaarlies installed on the same server with separate logins.done (0.0.39 beta) Add the error_get_last() patch to support php 5.1 again.done (0.0.39 beta) After deleting a link, go back to the same page.done (0.0.39 beta) Return a 404 error if a permalink does not exist.done (0.0.39 beta) Fix flickr.com thumbnails (they have changed their url ; see shaarli discussion)done (0.0.40 beta) Searching for an empty string or empty tag sould not raise a 404 error.done (0.0.40 beta) Correct bug when $handler in cache handling may not be initialized (thank to bajazet.fr for the report)done (0.0.40 beta) * Test import with various Netscape HTML exports (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Delicious, Diigo, others…) Go multi-user (one data file per user ; when not logged in, you see all public links of all users).
- Go multi-user:
- One data file (Not one data file per user)
- Entries can be:
- Public : Anyone can see them.
- Shared : Only logged-in users can see them.
- Private : Only the user who created them can see them.
- Other export/import options ? (CSV, RDF, single HTML file… ?)
- Push updates to client ? (auto-updating html page)
- Automatic backups (every week ?) (how ? Copy file under a name with date ? email ?) * Prepare source for translation.
- Sniff browser locale/language (
- automatically choose corresponding translation if available.
automatically format date.done (Note: some servers do not have locales like "fr_FR" installed… this includes mine )
- Allow to filter by text search and tags (currently: you can search by text or tags).
- Show new links since last visit ? (maybe using a cookie which records the linkdate of the latest news ?)
- Allow mass operations (on a group of bookmarks) (eg. add/remove a tag, delete, change private flag…)
- Add hamming distance/Soundex in fulltext search.
- Images and video embedding: Show a collapsed space the user can open to see the links video or image.
- Add website icons ?
- Allow the visitors to disable thumbnails.
- In "Open Shaarli" mode, add an option to block edit/delete (except for admin).
- Add paging to picwall ?
- Filter links by date (between two dates ?)
- Add support for url rewriting htaccess rules for nicer link (eg. /tag/minecraft or /search/portal)
- Add automatic description by reading meta headers (patch by Yohann Nizon)
- Support Firefox json export (because Firefox HTML export does not export tags (!)).
- When editing a link, add a button "Save as new" which would change the date of the link, effectively posting it as a new link (This can be helpful when you want to push an update on an existing link).
- Allow date editing of a link (Warning: this would break its permalink).
- In config, add an option to make the Shaarli private: The Shaarli will not show any link, except if you are logged in. (This can also be used to temporarly "close" a shaarli).
- Think about adding auto-twitt of links (see this)
- Make Shaarli HTML/CSS code W3C compliant (apply idleman patch)
- Allow configuration of QRCode generation URL in config screens.
- Add better navigation in the "Daily" page (calendar ?)
- Allow spaces in tags.
- Find a way, when you find an interesting entry on another shaarli, to import easily the entry in your shaarli (adding a "via" in description pointing to the permalink of the original entry).
- Write proper user manual, in a separate wiki page (installation, bookmarklet usage, keyboard speed-up tips, how to use Shaarli as a pastebin/online notepad, who to use Shaarli as twitter, how to customize Shaarli (colors, logo, templates…), backup/restore, how to filter picture wall or RSS/ATOM feed by tag or text search…)
- Add statistics ? (database size, number of links (private/public), free space on webspace) (No access statistics)
- Add website favicons ? (They would have to be cached locally to avoir request to those website everytime someone reads a Shaarli page ; That would be bad for privacy.)
- Create Shaarli API:
- Post links (using HMAC authentication)
- Extract data (search by tag, full text), in json format.
- Others ?
- Allow 1-click Shaarli upgrade in admin interface.
- Correct tag encoding in tag cloud.
- Try to support
descriptionattribute in Scuttle exports.
- Add weekly and monthly pages like the daily page.
- In the default database (the 2 links created when you start a new Shaarli), use ZeroBin instead of Pastebin.
- When using the bookmarklet button on a blank page (eg. about:blank), create a self-pointing entry (like "Add link" > Enter).
- When using the bookmarklet and the login fails in the popup window, properly redirect to the initial &post=… URL.
After adding/editing a link, go back to the same page and scroll to the item which has been edited (using an anchor).done.
- Add a "Report a problem with this link" ? (so that users can report a 404, for example).
- Archive a copy of the link (page, image…) ?
- Website screenshot ?
- Custom thumbnails ?
- When link points to Shaarli it-self, do not use redirector.
At installation, make sure sessions are working properly (Lots of hosts do not seem to have a proper session path defined).done.
- At installation, make sure shaarli has the right to create a directory in its installation directory (Some hosts seem to prevent web user to create directories at document root).
- Include Timo's patch for proper charset/encoding detection in page title.
- Re-write shaarli entirely (better object model, and use namespaces to avoid conflicts)
- When sharing a Shaarli permalink, automatically add "Via" (Detect by including RDF metadata in shaarli pages).
- Add DublinCore data ?
In RSS/ATOM feed, add a parameter in URL in order to choose which URL to put indone.
<link>tag: Permalink or final link.
- When using fulltext search, highlight the words in results.
Put Shaarli on GitHub, damn it !done !